One Congregation, One Child
There are over 300 congregations in Forsyth County. To better connect these communities of faith with the needs for young people impacted by foster care, we have partnered with Forsyth County Department of Social Services and the EACH Foundation to to form One Congregation, One Child (OCOC).
- Identifying and supporting families in congregations who are or may be interested in becoming foster/adoptive families
- Helping to meet the needs of children and families served by Forsyth County Department of Social Service (FCDSS) and Youth in Transition (YIT)
- Supporting foster parents and relatives who care for Forsyth County’s children in foster care
- Educating Congregations about the needs of children and families impacted by foster care
Member Congregations Commit to:
- Recruit a lay person to be coordinator and contact between congregation and OCOC
- Sponsor and host one or more outreach or educational program during the year
- Provide space for an information center, hard copies and online where appropriate, at your location
- Keep the message about needs of children and families before the congregation throughout the year
To learn more please contact us!
Current Partnering Congregations:
- New Bethel Baptist Church
- United Metropolitan Missionary Baptist Church